Opening Keynote Address by Rt. Hon. Prime Minister, Mr. KP Sharma Oli about Digital Transformation in Nepal
In conversation with the two most important ministers for the digital transformation in Nepal. We will discuss what roles both ministries - Finance and Communication and Information Technology, will play in this journey and what changes in regulation shall we look forward to in days ahead.
- Mr. Bishnu Prasad Paudel, Hon. Finance Minister
- Mr. Parbat Gurung, Hon. Minister for Communication and Information Technology
- Moderator: Tikaram Yatri, Editor-In-Chief, AP1 Television
While the private industries are ready to take on Nepali Economy by digitally transforming their businesses, when will the Nepali Government become ready for this awaited transition? By bringing together the influential leaders of banking, insurance, capital markets, and telecommunication industries, this session will discuss what changes in policies are required to welcome the digital transformation in Nepal. Are the regulatory bodies equipped and ready for this change? What measures will be taken to lessen the digital divide in a country like ours? We will find it out.
- Maha Prasad Adhikari, Governor, Nepal Rastra Bank
- Madhu Marasini, Financial Comptroller General, Government of Nepal
- Purushottam Khanal, Chairman, Nepal Telecommunication Authority
- Moderator: Biswas Dhakal, President, F1Soft Group
With the rise of contactless and digital payments on the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, the payment platforms now are in serious competition. This session will bring together representatives of international and regional payment platforms that have made revolutionary changes in the digital payment systems and will hold a discussion about how small yet local payment platforms have entered the competition. We will embark on our journey to find out what the leaders think will happen in this competition.
- Reena Chand, Head - Card Center, Nepal Investment Bank Limited
- Soumya Basu, Senior Director – Business Development -South Asia, Visa
- Ritesh Shukla, CEO, NPCI International Payments Limited
- Moderator: Dipta Shah, Founder, 54iVentures
With an average of 30% of contribution to Nepal’s GDP, remittance is a major factor in the country’s economy and we will discuss how the pandemic is affecting the remittance inflow? We will also discuss how the remittance money will be transferred in this digital age and how will it affect the cost of moving this money. We will discuss these issues with top remittance companies in Nepal and abroad and find out answers to the questions surrounding the cost of moving money - digitally.
- Bal Krishna Joshi, Co-Founder, Machnet Technologies Inc.
- Matt Oppenheimer, CEO, Remitly
- Nirvana Chaudhary, Managing Director, Chaudhary Group
- Suman Pokharel, CEO, IME Limited
- Moderator: Daniel D. Shrestha, Director, eSewa Money Transfer
While Nepali banks were adopting digital technologies before the pandemic, the crisis has brought digital banking into a sharp focus. With the transition from SMS banking to internet banking to mobile banking, what is the next step of digital transformation for Banking and Financial Institutions? What is Bank 4.o? To what extent of digital banking do the industry leaders think the Nepali market is ready for?
- Aarti Rajyalaxmi Rana, Deputy General Manager, Sunrise Bank Limited
- Bhuvan Kumar Dahal, CEO, Sanima Bank
- Chintamani Siwakoti, Deputy Governor, Nepal Rastra Bank
- Kiran K Shrestha, CEO, Rastriya Banijya Bank
- Moderator: Sanjib Subba, CEO, Nepal Electronic Payments Service Limited
Digital technologies are blurring the lines between traditional and modern businesses. And the only way to remain in business today is to go digital. It’s either Go Digital or Go Dark. How much of this is true in the case of the Nepali economy? We will discuss these questions with companies who have transformed their traditional businesses to adjust to the new market needs.
- Nilesh Man Singh Pradhan, CEO, NCHL
- Sewa Pathak, CEO, Vianet Communications
- Subhas Sapkota, CEO, eSewa
- Purna Prasad Acharya, CEO, CDS & Clearing Limited
- Moderator: Deependra Chaulagain, Director of Operations, Sambriddhi Foundation
Almost all urban settlers are doing multiple transactions online - including shopping, food delivery, logistics, and more. We will discuss with emerging young entrepreneurs the questions of how they have harnessed their way into the digital market. How the companies established in the Digital Marketplace handled their businesses during the lockdown and how they are working now? What are the challenges and what should be done?
- Amun Thapa, Founder & CEO, Sasto Deal
- Manohar Adhikari, Founder, Foodmandu
- Nikita Acharya, Co-Founder, Urban Girl
- Ganesh Pandey, Joint Secretary
- Moderator: Saurav Dhakal, Founder and Curator, StoryCycle
Before COVID-19, almost all educational institutions of Nepal were conducting physical classrooms-based teachings. What has COVID-19 done to the previous teaching and learning methods? Has COVID-19 brought Nepali learners to realize the potential of online learning and the limitless opportunities on the field? What innovations and disruptions are required in the field of education? We will know the perspective of the educator on how the digital transformation is required and will happen in the education field of Nepal and Nepali learners.
- Deepak Sharma, Spokesperson, Ministry of Education, Science and Technology
- Medin Lamichhane, Principal, Ullens School
- Swastika Shrestha, CEO, Teach for Nepal
- Moderator: Narottam Aryal, President, King's College
Remarks by Mr. Biswas Dhakal, President, F1Soft Group